Sunday, March 04, 2007

Worst blogger ever

I found my notes for the full review of the show, its now on the post directly below this one.


So, two weeks ago we caught a Genevieve show at the ultra-hip Paisley Violin. Despite having to drive past some high-class by the hour hotels, and the Great Alaskan Bush Co., we found the area around the Violin to be relaxed and clean.

Unfortunately, I lost my notes...which is too bad because there were two singers I wanted to say good stuff about...the guy who was incorporating the harmonica into his act and the singer that went on right after Gen. Maybe if someone out there can help me out, I can give the appropriate shout out.

So, after listening to a seven song set that was just Gen and her piano I do have on definitive statement. Anyone that has only seen her play solo needs to see her with the whole band. Conversely, anyone who has only seen the full band, should see a solo show. They're two very different sounding shows...the solo concert is more mellow and relaxed sounding, even if the intensity glows during the more intense songs.

If I find my notes, I'll do a full review...in the meantime, you all can just refer to me as the worst blogger ever...EVER. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home